Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Danny Picar's perspective scale

When developing a background design, it's always a good idea to think of how an image will figure into the composition. In this recent class assignment from the Adult Program, Danny Picar attempted to do just that. Danny has been featured before on the Academy's blog last September 25. Click on the image for a better view.


Danny followed the direction of his instructor Robert Gold in creating this study. In his own words, "Robert noticed I was having scaling issues, so he asked me to use an arbitrary character within the drawing to establish a reference to help me determine the heights of objects. The initial reference is at the elliptical doorway and then I scaled it to the front to find out how tall I wanted the bookcase and couch to be."

Danny continues to create impressive works through our program. This perspective study will help him strengthen his emerging skills.

No comments: